We are backing up another fantastic virtual hackathon organized by GitCoin
For the next couple of weeks, between July 29 and August 15, GitCoin is hosting an exciting event: a virtual hackathon. It’s goal is to “level-up the Ethereum world computer, from scalability and UX to the next generation of decentralized applications”.
Being huge fans of a/Ethereum, and b/open-source projects, we jumped in at the chance to support the event by creating various bounties and pouring some DAI into the prize pool.
What’s in it for you
- By joining the hackathon and committing work, you’ll be helping the entire Ethereum ecosystem — and the future generations will be forever grateful for your input. And as if that’s not enough, there’s even a social impact prize by the Ethereum Foundation on behalf of UNICEF!
- You’ll have the chance opportunity to use powerful new technology provided by the hackathon sponsors.
- Albeit a virtual one, the event will help you meet meet fellow Ethereum builders and organizations across borders. We all know your virtual social skills are better than your in-person communication anyway.
- Did we mention prizes? We’ll award over $3,000 in DAI in a total of 5 bounties.
How to join
You can register for the hackathon here: Grow Ethereum.
Once you enter the game, go check out the AdEx bounties:
- ENS (reverse registrar) for displaying addresses
- ENS support for every place that an address has to be entered
- Generate identity proxy bytecode without solc
- Show demand estimates for each size when creating ad slots
- Update to latest seed-rs
Good luck, and happy hacking!