We are looking back at the past year and all the great things that happened to our platform in 2019
We ended the past decade with a bang — by introducing the AdEx staking functionality way ahead of schedule. But that wasn’t the only good thing that we achieved; 2019 was a very good year for all of us at team AdEx.
Here are some of the more notable things we did in 2019:
- We awarded a number of advertising grants to the advertisers and publishers participating in the AdEx private beta;
- Introduced OUTPACE and subsequently became the largest payment channel network on Ethereum thanks to it;
- Released the AdEx Market, thus enabling programmatic bidding;
- Published a couple of case studies — in one of them, we told you how NordVPN achieved ROI of almost 240%, and in the other — how a local publisher doubled their ad revenue;
- Supported a number of events, educational programs and and hackathons around the world;
- Released the AdEx Registry and in less than a month, there are over 5 million ADX staked (5% of the total supply);
- Introduced contextual targeting, enabling efficient advertising without data collection.
But more importantly, we got the AdEx platform going and welcomed a number of advertisers and publishers on it. They helped us with valuable feedback and we were able to improve the platform significantly.
Let’s take a look at the numbers that we saw on AdEx in 2019.
2019 in numbers
Since we launched our private beta in June, we have signed up 126 publishers and advertisers.
Our publishers have received payouts amounting a combined amount of $76,504.34.
Advertisers created a total of 288 ad units which were then used in 259 ad campaigns. The total value of these campaigns was $96,930.20.
We served 165,675,049 ad impressions — or an average of 23,667,864 impressions per month. The highest number of monthly impressions we served in calendar month was 53,446,939 in December.
The most popular ad formats were 160x600 px, 468x60 px, 728x90 px and 300x250 px.
These numbers combined with the feedback we received from the participants in the AdEx private beta reinforce our confidence that we are on the right track. And with everything we have planned for 2020, we just can’t wait for you to make AdEx even better!