Ambire X Immunefy Bug Bounty: Audit Our Code and Earn Rewards
Posted by Ambire on December 17th, 2021NewsBug bounty
We have teamed up with Immunefy to host a bug bounty program. In it, we encourage security researchers and devs to audit our smart contracts. In return, we will reward anyone who discovers a significant bug.
Read on to learn everything about the bug bounty.
The bug bounty is focused on our smart contracts, and on the following items in particular:
- Thefts and freezing of principal of any amount
- Thefts and freezing of unclaimed yield of any amount
- Theft of governance funds
- Governance activity disruption
In order to qualify for rewards, bug hunters should audit the following smart contracts:
Assets in scope
- Smart Contract — IdentityFactory: https://etherscan.io/address/0xBf07a0Df119Ca234634588fbDb5625594E2a5BCA
- Smart Contract — Identity — base: https://etherscan.io/address/0x2A2b85EB1054d6f0c6c2E37dA05eD3E5feA684EF
- Smart Contract — QuickAccManager: https://etherscan.io/address/0xfF3f6D14DF43c112aB98834Ee1F82083E07c26BF
- Smart Contract — Batcher: https://etherscan.io/address/0x460fad03099f67391d84c9cc0ea7aa2457969cea
All the Ambire smart contracts can be found at https://github.com/AmbireTech/wallet/tree/main/contracts. However, only those in the table above are considered as in-scope of the bug bounty program.
Please note that the following vulnerabilities are not eligible for a reward: https://github.com/AmbireTech/code4rena#known-tradeoffs.
The rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System. This is a simplified 5-level scale encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
- Critical: $100,000
- High: $30,000
- Medium: $10,000
- Low: $3,000
All High and Critical Smart Contract bug reports require a PoC and a suggestion for a fix to be eligible for a reward. All Low and Medium Smart contract bug reports require a suggestion for a fix to be eligible for a reward.
Impacts in Scope
Only the following impacts are accepted within this bug bounty program:
- Loss of user funds staked (principal) by freezing or theft
- Loss of governance funds
- Theft of unclaimed yield
- Freezing of unclaimed yield
- Temporary freezing of funds for any amount of time
- Unable to call smart contract
- Smart contract gas drainage
- Smart contract fails to deliver promised returns
- Vote manipulation
- Incorrect polling actions
All other impacts are not considered as in-scope, even if they affect something in the assets in scope table.
Bug bounty rules
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against our employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty
How to participate
In order to take part in the bug bounty program, simply head over to the Immunefy website and follow the instructions there: https://immunefi.com/bounty/ambire/.
Immunefi is the leading bug bounty platform for Web3. Launched in 2020, the platform focuses on Web3 and smart contract security. The Immunefy team provides bug bounty hosting, consultation, bug triaging and more to blockchain and smart contract projects.